Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

MORTIIS / The Grudge (2004)

If you're not aware, Mortiis is Håvard Ellefsen, the onetime bassist of Norwegin Black Metal band Emperor. The Grudge album is on the Earache label, so you'd expect some crushing heavy Black/Death/Industrial metal, right? But what you get is Mortiis pissing around with his keyboard and… I can't even… I laughed.
I didn't laugh when he wore his pointy nose and pointy ears or when he grew bat wings, but The Grudge is a musical joke. Does anyone like it?

Songs of Least Fail: Decadent and Desperate; Le Petit Cochon Sordide

0 'cos it's bad for your Elf out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

It was all right. Sounds like early Manson to me. Not great by any means but it's not offensive to my ears.

A 2 maybe.

Dr Faustus said...

I much prefer his earlier works. Ånden Som Gjorde Opprør, and Keiser av en dimensjon ukjent were great for table top RPG's. Full of atmosphere.

Two? 0_o :rofldata: