Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

NICOLE ATKINS / Neptune City (2008)

Nicole is a singer/songwriter from New Jersey. Some people that know me may wonder why I'm listening to it, but I love it. It's kind of folky in places, and could be accused of bordering on country at others. Mostly it's full of passion and grace. I hear a bit of The Rolling Stones in there as well. Nicole's voice is strong; it floats atop the music as if on waves, frothing and dancing against the side of my happy-boat. Listen to the title track and imagine it used in a David Lynch film; I think that'd work beautifully. I realise I haven't did a very good job describing Neptune City, but this type of music isn't usually my thing, so I'm really out of my depth.

Songs of Note: Neptune City; Together We’re Both Alone

4 unashamed loves out of 5

No comments: