Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

PINK FLOYD / Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd [2001]


Trying to properly represent Pink Floyd's near-30 year career one 2 discs is a task I wouldn't wish on anyone. Proving it wasn't meant to be, even after the mutual break-up of the band, the 4 band members were still arguing, over what would be the final tracklisting of this compilation.
Longtime Floyd producer James Guthrie edits together all the songs to recreate the conceptual sound of their previous albums. 2001's Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd might not be perfect but it's a pretty damned fine representation of their massive discography.

4 Storm Fecking Thorgerson's out of 5

Songs Of Note: Shine On You Crazy Diamond [complete edit]When The Tigers Broke Free

2 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

I think my cover was slightly different. It had one of those hateful cardboard slipcases (I feckin hate those) and I know the inlay had different versions so maybe this picture was in there. I can't check because it was stolen! *RAGE!

cuckoo said...

There are 4 different ways to put it.
I don't know the correct way anymore, so it's different everytime I put it back on the shelf. :laugh:

I picked that particular one because someone had lightened it and it you could see the detail in Thorgerson's artwork a little better.