Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Monday, July 16, 2012

DODECAHEDRON / Dodecahedron [2012]

Hailing from The Netherlands, Dodecahedron's 2012 self-titled debut album leaves a physically sick feeling in your stomach that you'll either cherish or detest.  Either way, the black metal band did their job well.
Utilizing the 12 tone jazz method (more than likely where they got their name), Dodecahedron sounds more like a Mr. Bungle from Hell than it does Deathspell Omega.  It's heavy on atmosphere and light on soul, which may or may not be intentional.  In the end it causes extreme discomfort and that's just fine with me.

3½ volcanic trilogies out of 5

Songs Of Note: Allfather; I, Chronocrator 

2 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

Not heard this before. It's kicking the shit out of my ears right now and I like it. It's like a more extreme Fleurety in places. Nice.

cuckoo said...

I wasn't able to put on my favorite tracks because youtube didn't have them.

...that and one of them is a song broken up into 3 tracks.