Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

FASTBALL / Little White Lies (2009)


I implore any potential listeners to give this outing more than a single spin, as I rather disliked it on my initial go-round. It struck me as strangely grating and off-kilter. Miles and Tony sing simultaneously more than they ever have previously and are content to be pretty brazen in their just-enough experimentation. They even indulge in some effective meta-musings of the sort the Crows and Fall Out Boy have previously delivered. It took some self-adjustment, but once I was familiar with how to traverse these alternate avenues, I found an experience that was as satisfying as it was different. Hopefully others will as well.


3½ Mariachi Cadillacs out of 5

No comments: