Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

THE ALMIGHTY / Blood, Fire and Love (1989)

I discovered Blood, Fire and Love when I was sixteen and I thought it was great, believing it was the sound that would destroy hair metal. I thought it was the perfect soundtrack to a night of necking cheap cider and trying to get laid.
Hearing it again after so many years have passed made me smile guiltily and somewhat shamefully. It sounds like 1989.
In retrospect, I now know that cider is evil devil's piss (whisky is better) and that getting laid has nothing to do with The Almighty.

Songs of Note: Blood, Fire & Love; Full Force Lovin' Machine

2½ wild and (not quite as) wonderful choruses out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

Feck.

:rofldata:

This is bad, bad, bad.

Now everytime I fap I have to listen to The Almighty.

I love how Tesla and Ratt are on the youtube sidebar with this vid.

Dr Faustus said...

:rofldata: I linked the best tune on it.

It's one of those things that I know are plain bad but it's a part of my youth, and no matter how much my rational mind berates me, the play button remains pressed. I apologise on behalf of my 16 year old self.

Is now a good time to own up to owning a Tesla album? I have the live acoustic one. I wouldn't touch the studio stuff with a long pole.