Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Friday, January 27, 2012

HELLOWEEN / Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part II (1988)

A sequel that’s better than the original.  :shockface:  The same speedy rhythms, dramatic vocals and extravagant guitar solos that made the first part so good are again in place here.  There is some wonderfully enthusiastic drumming beneath the furore if you care to listen.  Though it may be too long for some people, for me the 13 minute titular track is a master class in lengthy orchestration that I never tire of.  Helloween never topped this album.  Keeper Of The Seven Keys part I and II are the only power metal albums I would call essential.

Songs of Note: I Want Out; Dr Stein

5 clones upon a shelf out of 5

No comments: