Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

KATATONIA / Viva Emptiness (2003)

I've already described the Katatonia sound as best I could without penning a short story about it in a previous review so I won’t go over it again here.  I’ll just add that this is more of the same and is hailed as one of the finest gothic metal albums ever made.  I prefer the previous album but I can’t fault this one in any way, despite their misgivings about the production.  The atmosphere is uninterrupted as is the formula they created and perfected.  It's uplifting sadness.
Every Katatonia album cover is a story waiting to be written.

Songs of Note: Criminals; Omerta

5 dreams of violence coming true out of 5

No comments: