Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Friday, March 15, 2013

KILLING JOKE / Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (1986 / 2007)

I've been reviewing the Killing Joke studio albums in the order they were released, which means it's time for BTaTS. Jebus. Synth pop! Fans can defend it all they like, but it's an ear-turd. It's bad enough that I know it exists, actually putting it into the player is a trial only surpassed by listening to it.
But wait! A reissue (2007) gave us Chris Kimsey's mix. It's much more aggressive than Mendelsohn's piss poor effort. I can hear guitars! I can hear bass! I can hear... I can hear Jaz Coleman being bland. Aw, shit. It still sucks.

Songs of Least Fail: Adorations; Wintergardens

1½ salty tear falling, falling out of 5

No comments: