Nut Suite. Mini reviews of albums old and new. Minimum words. No fuss. No spoilers [?]. Occasional smugs.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

HOLYHELL / Darkness Visible - The Warning EP (2012)

I got Darkness Visible free with a Manowar album; I'd never have picked it up otherwise. Not because I dislike HolyHell, but because I'd not heard them before and can't afford to splurge on every unknown. It's really quite impressive Power Metal with strong female vocals. The band is undeniably talented, so if Power Metal is the kind of thing that makes sexy time in your ears, then you'll maybe like it even more than I did. The Dio-esque track, Haunted, lured me back for repeated listens, and the remainder began to grow on me. I'd consider future purchases.

Songs of Note: Haunted; Lucifer's Warning

3½ freebies are great out of 5

No comments: